Othon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Otto:
From the Old High German Otho and Odo, which are derived from auda (rich). The name was borne by Otto I (912 - 73), a king of Germany and emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. The older form of Odo is also bestowed, but it is much less common.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Othon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Othon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Othon
- Comments and insights on the name Othon
- Personal experiences with the name Othon
Very rare, used in Mexico. Has an accent on the second "o": Othón
- Nicknames for Othon
- Meanings and history of the name Othon
- Famous real-life people named Othon
- Othon in song, story & screen