Paweł Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Paul:
From the Latin Paulus, which originated as a Roman family name derived from paulus (small). Paul was the adopted name of Saul of Tarsus, a Jewish Roman citizen converted to Christianity by a vision of Christ which blinded him for several days. He became one of the great missionary apostles and authored several New Testament epistles. Paul is regarded as cofounder of the Christian Church.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Paweł? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Paweł
Contribute your knowledge to the name Paweł
- Comments and insights on the name Paweł
Polish form of Paul
- Personal experiences with the name Paweł
- Nicknames for Paweł
- Meanings and history of the name Paweł
- Famous real-life people named Paweł
- Paweł in song, story & screen