Perez Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Perez? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Perez
Contribute your knowledge to the name Perez
- Comments and insights on the name Perez
- Personal experiences with the name Perez
- Nicknames for Perez
- Meanings and history of the name Perez
1. A Spanish and Jewish (Sephardic) patronymic form of the name Pedro, which is the Spanish form of Peter. Peter is ultimately derived from the Greek Petros, meaning "stone". The surname is often spelled with an accent: Pérez.
2. A biblical name born by a son of Judah and Tamar (Genesis 38:29). The meaning of this name is "burst forth" or "breakthrough". In some translations it is written as Pharez or Peretz.
- Famous real-life people named Perez
Perez Hilton - American celebrity blogger and television personality
- Perez in song, story & screen
Perez is an Austrian last name. It was introduced to Spain by travelers and then to other Spanish speaking countries when Central America and Mexico were discovered.