Petar Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Peter:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Petrus and the Greek Petros, names derived from petra (a rock) and petros (a stone). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Peter is considered to have been the first pope and cofounder of the Christian Church with Paul.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Petar? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Petar
Contribute your knowledge to the name Petar
- Comments and insights on the name Petar
form of Peter used in Bulgarian, Croatian, Macedonian, and Serbian
- Personal experiences with the name Petar
- Nicknames for Petar
- Meanings and history of the name Petar
- Famous real-life people named Petar
- Petar in song, story & screen