Petros Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Peter:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Petrus and the Greek Petros, names derived from petra (a rock) and petros (a stone). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Peter is considered to have been the first pope and cofounder of the Christian Church with Paul.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Petros? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Petros
Contribute your knowledge to the name Petros
- Comments and insights on the name Petros
- Personal experiences with the name Petros
My boyfriend's name..Hot,hot,hot hehehe
- Nicknames for Petros
- Meanings and history of the name Petros
- Famous real-life people named Petros
- Petros in song, story & screen