Philippos Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Philip:
Derived from the Latin Philippus, which is from the Greek Philippos (lover of horses). The name is composed of the elements philos (loving) and hippos (horse). Var: Philipp, Phillip, Phillipp.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Philippos? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Philippos
Contribute your knowledge to the name Philippos
- Comments and insights on the name Philippos
- Personal experiences with the name Philippos
- Nicknames for Philippos
- Meanings and history of the name Philippos
- Famous real-life people named Philippos
Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark
Philippos Niarchos, eldest son of Greek shipping magnate Stavros Niarchos
Philippos Constantinos, Cypriot singer
- Philippos in song, story & screen