Pinchus Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Phineas:
Derived from the Hebrew Pinchas, meaning "the mouth of a snake, mouth of brass." It may also be derived from the Egyptian penechase (Negro, dark-complexioned).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Pinchus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Pinchus
- Comments and insights on the name Pinchus
Variant spelling of the Hebrew name Pinchas.
- Personal experiences with the name Pinchus
- Nicknames for Pinchus
- Meanings and history of the name Pinchus
- Famous real-life people named Pinchus
- Pinchus in song, story & screen