Poncho Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Alfonso:
Cognate of the French Alphonse (noble and ready), a name derived from the Old German Adulfuns, a compounding of the elements adal (noble) and funs (ready, prompt, apt). The name was borne by the patron saint of Mallorca and Palma.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Poncho? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Poncho
Contribute your knowledge to the name Poncho
- Comments and insights on the name Poncho
Poncho is a nickname for Alfonso.
- Personal experiences with the name Poncho
- Nicknames for Poncho
- Meanings and history of the name Poncho
- Famous real-life people named Poncho
- Poncho in song, story & screen