Povel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Paul:
From the Latin Paulus, which originated as a Roman family name derived from paulus (small). Paul was the adopted name of Saul of Tarsus, a Jewish Roman citizen converted to Christianity by a vision of Christ which blinded him for several days. He became one of the great missionary apostles and authored several New Testament epistles. Paul is regarded as cofounder of the Christian Church.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Povel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Povel
- Comments and insights on the name Povel
- Personal experiences with the name Povel
- Nicknames for Povel
- Meanings and history of the name Povel
Swedish form of Pavel.
- Famous real-life people named Povel
Powel Ramel, Swedish entertainer
- Povel in song, story & screen