Proinsias Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Francis:
From Franceis, and Old French form of the Italian Francesco, which is from the Middle Latin Franciscus (a Frenchman). Franciscus is derived from Francus (a Frank, a freeman), which has its root in the Old French franc (free).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Proinsias? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Proinsias
Contribute your knowledge to the name Proinsias
- Comments and insights on the name Proinsias
- Personal experiences with the name Proinsias
- Nicknames for Proinsias
- Meanings and history of the name Proinsias
Irish form of Francis.
- Famous real-life people named Proinsias
Proinsias Ó Maonaigh, Irish fiddler.
- Proinsias in song, story & screen