Pēteris Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Peter:
From the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Petrus and the Greek Petros, names derived from petra (a rock) and petros (a stone). The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Peter is considered to have been the first pope and cofounder of the Christian Church with Paul.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Pēteris? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Pēteris
Contribute your knowledge to the name Pēteris
- Comments and insights on the name Pēteris
- Personal experiences with the name Pēteris
My brothers name
- Nicknames for Pēteris
- Meanings and history of the name Pēteris
- Famous real-life people named Pēteris
- Pēteris in song, story & screen