Rankin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ronald:
Introduced to Scotland by Scandinavian settlers in the form of Rögnvaldr (ruler of decision, judgment power), a compound name composed of the Old Norse elements regin, rögn (advice, judgment, decision) and valdr (ruler, power).Used primarily in Scotland and northern England during the Middle Ages, Ronald is now common throughout the English-speaking world. Short: Ron. Pet: Ronnie, Ronny.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rankin? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rankin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rankin
- Comments and insights on the name Rankin
- Personal experiences with the name Rankin
- Nicknames for Rankin
- Meanings and history of the name Rankin
Diminutive of Ronald or Rand
- Famous real-life people named Rankin
- Rankin in song, story & screen