Reilly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Reilly:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English elements ryge (rye) and lēah (wood, clearing, meadow, enclosure): hence, "dweller by the rye field."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Reilly? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Reilly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Reilly
- Comments and insights on the name Reilly
- Personal experiences with the name Reilly
- Nicknames for Reilly
- Meanings and history of the name Reilly
- Famous real-life people named Reilly
- Reilly in song, story & screen