Risto Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Christopher:
Derived from the Greek Christophoros, which is composed of the elements Christos (Christ) and pherein (to bear).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Risto? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Risto
Contribute your knowledge to the name Risto
- Comments and insights on the name Risto
Risto (pronounced RIS-toh) is a Finnish variant of Christopher. It is not a particularly trendy baby name at this time.
- Personal experiences with the name Risto
- Nicknames for Risto
- Meanings and history of the name Risto
Traditional Macedonian name for Christopher.
- Famous real-life people named Risto
Risto Ryti, a former Finnish president.
- Risto in song, story & screen
Christopher Robin (from Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne) is called Risto Reipas in Finnish.