Robrecht Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Robert:
Introduced to England by the Normans, Robert is derived from the Old High German Hruodperht, a compound name composed of the elements hruod (fame) and perht (bright). The name was borne by Robert I (d. 1035), duke of Normandy and father of William the Conqueror, and by three kings of Scotland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Robrecht
Contribute your knowledge to the name Robrecht
- Comments and insights on the name Robrecht
Dutch form of Robert
- Personal experiences with the name Robrecht
- Nicknames for Robrecht
- Meanings and history of the name Robrecht
- Famous real-life people named Robrecht
- Robrecht in song, story & screen