Rochus Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Rochus
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rochus
- Comments and insights on the name Rochus
- Personal experiences with the name Rochus
- Nicknames for Rochus
- Meanings and history of the name Rochus
Used in German and Dutch. A Latinized form of Rocco which is a Germanic name derived from the element hrok meaning "rest".
- Famous real-life people named Rochus
Saint Rochus (Roch), Catholic patron saint for the sick, the falsely accused, bachelors and dogs/dog owners.
Rochus Gliese, German actor, director & Academy Award-nominated art director of early films from the 1910s and 1920s.
Rochus van Veen, 17th century Dutch painter.
Olivier Rochus, Belgian professional tennis player.
Rochus Misch, German SS Oberscharführer during WWII (he was Adolf Hitler's bodyguard.)
- Rochus in song, story & screen