Rohan Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rohan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rohan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rohan
- Comments and insights on the name Rohan
Norah and Rohan are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
An anglicized form of the Irish personal name Ruadhán/Ruadhain "red/red haired". Basically the word red, ruadh, with a diminutive suffix. Another more common anglicization is Rowan.
A Tolkien name relating to "land of the horse lords". Tolkien was aware of the place in Brittany, France called Rohan and that it was a surname of an old aristocratic French family.
Rohan is also a Celtic name meaning keeper of wolves.
Rohan is also a Sanskrit name meaning "to ascend".
- Personal experiences with the name Rohan
It is a great name, especially in the Afrikaans South African culture where it is mostly spelled Ruan. It is a great name that does not fade into the crowd.
- Nicknames for Rohan
Roe, Hanz, Hans, Han, Ro, Roo,
- Meanings and history of the name Rohan
Celtic meaning is "keeper of wolves" or "red haired"
Sanskrit meaning "Ascending"
- Famous real-life people named Rohan
Rohan Marley, Musician and son of Bob Marley
- Rohan in song, story & screen
- In Lord of the Rings.
- Rohan is a newborn in the Nickelodeon series: 'Avatar: The Legend Of Korra'.
- Rohan Kishibe is a mangaka in the series "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure"