Rolando Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Roland:
A borrowing from the French, Roland is from the Old High German Hruodland, a compounding of the elements hruod (fame) and land (land): hence, "fame of the land" or "famous land." The name was introduced to England by the Normans. Var: Rowland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rolando? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rolando
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rolando
- Comments and insights on the name Rolando
Orlando and Rolando are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Rolando
- Nicknames for Rolando
Lando, Rolo, Rollo, Rolly
- Meanings and history of the name Rolando
- Famous real-life people named Rolando
- Rolando in song, story & screen