Roope Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Robert:
Introduced to England by the Normans, Robert is derived from the Old High German Hruodperht, a compound name composed of the elements hruod (fame) and perht (bright). The name was borne by Robert I (d. 1035), duke of Normandy and father of William the Conqueror, and by three kings of Scotland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Roope
Contribute your knowledge to the name Roope
- Comments and insights on the name Roope
Finnish form of Robert
- Personal experiences with the name Roope
- Nicknames for Roope
- Meanings and history of the name Roope
- Famous real-life people named Roope
- Roope in song, story & screen