Royal Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Royal? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Royal
Contribute your knowledge to the name Royal
- Comments and insights on the name Royal
- Personal experiences with the name Royal
- Nicknames for Royal
- Meanings and history of the name Royal
English name meaning 'kingly' or 'regal'
Pronounced 'Roy-Ul', emphasis on first syllable.
Variations include Royall.
- Famous real-life people named Royal
Royal Wilder, brother of Almanzo Wilder, who became Laura Ingalls Wilder's brother-in-law in the "Little House" series of books.
- Royal in song, story & screen
Royal Tenenbaum, main character of Wes Anderson's film "The Royal Tenenbaums" (played by Gene Hackman)
Royal Bonaparte, male character in 'House Of Flowers' (1958), a story by Truman Capote.