Ruaidhrí Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ruaidhrí? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ruaidhrí
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruaidhrí
- Comments and insights on the name Ruaidhrí
- Personal experiences with the name Ruaidhrí
- Nicknames for Ruaidhrí
- Meanings and history of the name Ruaidhrí
Ruaidhrí is an Irish name which means red haired king. Pronounced as RUR-REE or ROO-REE depending on your dialect.
'Ruadh' is used to refer to red hair specifically in Irish, the same way roux is in French. Rí is the Irish word for king.
- Famous real-life people named Ruaidhrí
Ruaidhrí Ua Conchobair (1116-1198)- The last High King of Ireland.
Ruaidhrí mac Tairdelbach Ua Conchobair (died 1384)- King of Connacht
- Ruaidhrí in song, story & screen