Rubem Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Reuben:
Derived from the Hebrew rĕūbēn (behold, a son!). Reuben was the eldest son of Jacob and Leah and patriarch of the tribe bearing his name..
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rubem? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rubem
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rubem
- Comments and insights on the name Rubem
Brazilian Portuguese form of the name Reuben.
- Personal experiences with the name Rubem
- Nicknames for Rubem
- Meanings and history of the name Rubem
- Famous real-life people named Rubem
Rubem Braga, Brazilian writer of shor stories
José Rubem Fonseca, Brazilian writer and screenwriter
Rubem Alves, Brazilian theologian, philosopher, educator, writer and psychoanalyst
- Rubem in song, story & screen