Ruggiero Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Roger:
Introduced to England by the Normans, Roger is derived from the Old High German Hrodger (spear fame), a compound name composed from the elements hroud (fame) and ger (a spear). The form Roger replaced the English cognate Hrothgar. Var: Rodger.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ruggiero? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ruggiero
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruggiero
- Comments and insights on the name Ruggiero
- Personal experiences with the name Ruggiero
- Nicknames for Ruggiero
- Meanings and history of the name Ruggiero
Italian form of Roger
- Famous real-life people named Ruggiero
- Ruggiero in song, story & screen