Ruprecht Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rupert:
A cognate of Robert, derived from the Old High German Hruodperht, a compound name composed of the elements hruod (fame) and perht (bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ruprecht? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ruprecht
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ruprecht
- Comments and insights on the name Ruprecht
- Personal experiences with the name Ruprecht
- Nicknames for Ruprecht
- Meanings and history of the name Ruprecht
German form of Rupert/Robert
- Famous real-life people named Ruprecht
- Ruprecht in song, story & screen