Samvel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samuel:
The Ecclesiastic Late Latin form of the Ecclesiastic Greek Samouel, which is from the Hebrew Shmuel, a name derived from shěmū’ē‘l (name of God, his name is God). Var: Sam. Pet: Sammy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Samvel? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Samvel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Samvel
- Comments and insights on the name Samvel
Armenian form of Samuel
- Personal experiences with the name Samvel
- Nicknames for Samvel
- Meanings and history of the name Samvel
- Famous real-life people named Samvel
- Samvel in song, story & screen