Sani Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sani? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sani
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sani
- Comments and insights on the name Sani
- Personal experiences with the name Sani
- Nicknames for Sani
- Meanings and history of the name Sani
-According to Behind the Name, Sani means "brilliant, splendid" in Arabic.
-Babynames.com, babynamebase.com, babyhold.com, etc., say it means "The Old One" in Navajo.
-The name for the planet Saturn in Sanskrit and related modern languages, such as Hindi (pronounced 'shani'). Not used as a given name in India, since Shani is usually associated with, and blamed for, bad luck in one's life.
-According to Ancestry.com, as a surname, Sani is:
1. Muslim: from a personal name based on Arabic sani ‘majestic’, ‘brilliant’.
2. Hindu name found among people from Sind, Pakistan.
3. Indian (Panjab): Sikh name of unknown meaning.
4. Italian: patronymic or plural form of Sano.
- Famous real-life people named Sani
- Sani in song, story & screen