Sansone Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samson:
Derived from the Hebrew shimshōn (the sun). Samson was an Israelite judge whose great strength stemmed from his long hair, which as a Nazarite he was forbidden to cut. He was treacherously betrayed to the Philistines by his mistress, Delilah. Var: Sampson.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sansone? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sansone
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sansone
- Comments and insights on the name Sansone
Italian form of Samson
- Personal experiences with the name Sansone
- Nicknames for Sansone
- Meanings and history of the name Sansone
- Famous real-life people named Sansone
- Sansone in song, story & screen