Shay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shea:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name. Var: Shea, Shey.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shay? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shay
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shay
- Comments and insights on the name Shay
- Personal experiences with the name Shay
- Nicknames for Shay
- Meanings and history of the name Shay
- Famous real-life people named Shay
- Shay in song, story & screen