Shea Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shea:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name. Var: Shea, Shey.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shea? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shea
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shea
- Comments and insights on the name Shea
Ashe, Shae and Shea are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Shea
I have a good friend named O'Shea. :)
- Nicknames for Shea
- Meanings and history of the name Shea
- Famous real-life people named Shea
- Shea in song, story & screen