Shimshon Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Samson:
Derived from the Hebrew shimshōn (the sun). Samson was an Israelite judge whose great strength stemmed from his long hair, which as a Nazarite he was forbidden to cut. He was treacherously betrayed to the Philistines by his mistress, Delilah. Var: Sampson.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Shimshon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shimshon
- Comments and insights on the name Shimshon
- Personal experiences with the name Shimshon
- Nicknames for Shimshon
- Meanings and history of the name Shimshon
Shimshon is the Hebrew form of Samson.
- Famous real-life people named Shimshon
- Shimshon in song, story & screen