Sigurd Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sigurd? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sigurd
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sigurd
- Comments and insights on the name Sigurd
- Personal experiences with the name Sigurd
- Nicknames for Sigurd
- Meanings and history of the name Sigurd
A variant of Sigurður, also related to Siegfried. From the Old Norse word 'sigur', meaning 'victory'.
- Famous real-life people named Sigurd
Sigurd Lewerentz (b. 1885, d. 1975). Swedish architect (e.g.: Malmö Opera and Music Theatre and St. Mark's Church in Björkhagen, Stockholm)
- Sigurd in song, story & screen
Sigurd the Dragonslayer - Anglicized form of Sigurður Fáfnisbani, the slayer of the dragon Fáfnir in Völsunga saga, the Icelandic version of Siegfried in the Nibelungenlied.