Simo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Simon:
Derived from the Hebrew shim'ōn (heard). The name is borned in the Bible by several characters, including Simon of Cyrene, the man seized from the crowd during the procession of the crucifixion to carry the heavy cross after Jesus could no longer bear its weight.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Simo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Simo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Simo
- Comments and insights on the name Simo
- Personal experiences with the name Simo
- Nicknames for Simo
- Meanings and history of the name Simo
Finnish and Serbia form of Simon.
- Famous real-life people named Simo
Simo Paavilainen, Finnish architect.
Simo Häyhä, Finnish marksman and one of Finland's greatest warriors during the Winter War.
- Simo in song, story & screen