Sonny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sonny:
Derived from the vocabulary word sonny, a term used to address a young boy.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sonny? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sonny
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales (2013)
- Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Wales, 2010
- English and Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England and Wales
- English Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in England
- Welsh Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Wales
- Scottish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Scotland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sonny
- Comments and insights on the name Sonny
- Personal experiences with the name Sonny
- Nicknames for Sonny
Son, Sunny D
- Meanings and history of the name Sonny
- Famous real-life people named Sonny
Sonny Bono, half of 1970s musical duo Sonny and Cher, later elected as Republican Congressman from California
Sonny Moore, now known as "Skrillex", former lead singer for the band From First to Last (broken up)
Sonny Patrick MacDonald Gallagher (b. 2010), son of English singer, songwriter, and guitarist Noel Gallagher
Sonny Lee (b. 2012), son of American actor, photographer, producer, and skateboarder Jason Lee
- Sonny in song, story & screen
Santino "Sonny" Corleone -- character in The Godfather
Sonny - a gangster character from General Hospital
Sonny Malone- Lead male character in the musical Xanadu played by Michael Beck