Spyridon Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Spyridon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Spyridon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Spyridon
- Comments and insights on the name Spyridon
- Personal experiences with the name Spyridon
- Nicknames for Spyridon
- Meanings and history of the name Spyridon
Although this name (which seems to have come into use in the 4th century AD) was most likely derived from the Latin "spiritus," it also shares a very similar spelling to the Greek word for a round basket (i.e spyridion).
- Famous real-life people named Spyridon
Saint Spyridon (feast day December 14) was a 4th-century sheep farmer who became the bishop of Tremithus.
Spyridon "Spyros" Louis (1873–1940 won the first modern-day marathon at the 1896 Summer Olympics.
Spyridon-Filiskos Samaras (1861-1917) was a Greek composer.
- Spyridon in song, story & screen