Steffan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Stephen:
From the Latin Stephanus, which is from the Greek Stephanos, a name derived from stephanos (a crown, a garland). The name is borne in the Bible by St Stephen, one of the seven chosen to assist the apostles, and the first Christian martyr. Var: Stefan, Stefen, Stefon, Stephan, Stephon, Stevan, Steven, Stevon. Short: Steve.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Steffan? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Steffan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Steffan
- Comments and insights on the name Steffan
- Personal experiences with the name Steffan
- Nicknames for Steffan
- Meanings and history of the name Steffan
- Famous real-life people named Steffan
- Steffan in song, story & screen