Stjepan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Stephen:
From the Latin Stephanus, which is from the Greek Stephanos, a name derived from stephanos (a crown, a garland). The name is borne in the Bible by St Stephen, one of the seven chosen to assist the apostles, and the first Christian martyr. Var: Stefan, Stefen, Stefon, Stephan, Stephon, Stevan, Steven, Stevon. Short: Steve.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Stjepan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Stjepan
- Comments and insights on the name Stjepan
Croatian and Serbian form of Stephen
- Personal experiences with the name Stjepan
- Nicknames for Stjepan
- Meanings and history of the name Stjepan
- Famous real-life people named Stjepan
- Stjepan in song, story & screen