Symeon Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Symeon? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Symeon
Contribute your knowledge to the name Symeon
- Comments and insights on the name Symeon
- Personal experiences with the name Symeon
- Nicknames for Symeon
- Meanings and history of the name Symeon
The boy's name Simeon \s(i)-meon\ is pronounced SIM-ee-on. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "to hear, to be heard; reputation". Biblical: the second-born of Jacob's 12 sons, Simeon was a holy old man who was promised that he would see the Messiah before he died; when the infant Jesus was presented at the Temple, Simeon recognized him instantly. Simon is the more common anglicised form.
Simeon has 3 variant forms: Shimon, Sima and Simyon.
- Famous real-life people named Symeon
- Symeon in song, story & screen