Tammis Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Thomas:
Derived from the Aramaic tē’ōma (a twin). The name is borne in the Bible by an apostle who doubted the resurrection of Christ. It is from him that the label "Doubting Thomas" came. Var: Thomass, Tomas. Short: Thom, Tom. Pet: Tommy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tammis? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tammis
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tammis
- Comments and insights on the name Tammis
Tammis has been used as a form of Thomas in Scotland since at least the 11th century.
- Personal experiences with the name Tammis
- Nicknames for Tammis
- Meanings and history of the name Tammis
- Famous real-life people named Tammis
- Tammis in song, story & screen