Tamás Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Thomas:
Derived from the Aramaic tē’ōma (a twin). The name is borne in the Bible by an apostle who doubted the resurrection of Christ. It is from him that the label "Doubting Thomas" came. Var: Thomass, Tomas. Short: Thom, Tom. Pet: Tommy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tamás? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tamás
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tamás
- Comments and insights on the name Tamás
Hungarian form of Thomas
- Personal experiences with the name Tamás
- Nicknames for Tamás
- Meanings and history of the name Tamás
- Famous real-life people named Tamás
- Tamás in song, story & screen