Thersander Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Thersander? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Thersander
Contribute your knowledge to the name Thersander
- Comments and insights on the name Thersander
- Personal experiences with the name Thersander
- Nicknames for Thersander
- Meanings and history of the name Thersander
1. A son of Sisyphus, and father of Haliartus and Coronus.
2. A son of Agamididas, and the father of Lathria and Anaxandra, at Sparta.
3. A son of Polyneices and Argeia, and one of the Epigoni; he was married to Demonassa, by whom he became the father of Tisamenus. After having been made king of Thebes, he went with Agamemnon to Troy, and was slain in that expedition by Telephus. His tomb was shown at Elaea in Mysia, and sacrifices were offered to him there. Virgil enumerates Thersander among the Greeks concealed in the wooden horse. Homer does not mention him.
- Famous real-life people named Thersander
King Thersander of Cleonae
King Thersander of Thebes
- Thersander in song, story & screen