Timotei Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Timothy:
Derived from the Greek timē (honor, respect) and theos (God): hence, "honoring God." The name is borne in the Bible by a young disciple and companion of Paul, to whom Paul addressed two epistles.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Timotei
Contribute your knowledge to the name Timotei
- Comments and insights on the name Timotei
form of Timothy used in Bulgarian and Romanian
- Personal experiences with the name Timotei
- Nicknames for Timotei
- Meanings and history of the name Timotei
- Famous real-life people named Timotei
- Timotei in song, story & screen