Timoteo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Timothy:
Derived from the Greek timē (honor, respect) and theos (God): hence, "honoring God." The name is borne in the Bible by a young disciple and companion of Paul, to whom Paul addressed two epistles.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Timoteo? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Timoteo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Timoteo
- Comments and insights on the name Timoteo
- Personal experiences with the name Timoteo
- Nicknames for Timoteo
- Meanings and history of the name Timoteo
- Famous real-life people named Timoteo
In the New Testament, Timoteo received letters from Paul.
- Timoteo in song, story & screen