Tripp Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tripp? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tripp
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tripp
- Comments and insights on the name Tripp
Tripp is a nickname for the Third, III. John, David, Michael, III "Tripp"
- Personal experiences with the name Tripp
Best Name Ever. Thats it.
- Nicknames for Tripp
Trippy, Trippster, trippledip
- Meanings and history of the name Tripp
Lord Howard's fifth son was given the name Tripp after the storming of a castle during the siege of Boulogne 1544. According to an old tradition, King Henry VIII asked how they took the town and castle, and Lord Howard answered, "I tripp'd up the walls, Tripp shall be thy name, and no longer Howard."
Tripp is also a nickname for "the third" (e.g., John Smith III).
- Famous real-life people named Tripp
Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston (b. 2008), son of American public speaker and reality television personality Bristol Palin
- Tripp in song, story & screen
* Matthew McConaughey's screen name in Failure to Launch
* Charles "Trip" Tucker III (short for “Triple”, since he is the third generation of his family to be named Charles Tucker), played by Connor Trinneer, is a fictional character in the television series Star Trek: Enterprise.
* Trip Fontaine, a character in the 1993 debut novel The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. In the film adaptation of the novel, the character Trip is played by Josh Hartnett.