Tuomas Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Thomas:
Derived from the Aramaic tē’ōma (a twin). The name is borne in the Bible by an apostle who doubted the resurrection of Christ. It is from him that the label "Doubting Thomas" came. Var: Thomass, Tomas. Short: Thom, Tom. Pet: Tommy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Tuomas
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tuomas
- Comments and insights on the name Tuomas
Finnish form of Thomas
- Personal experiences with the name Tuomas
- Nicknames for Tuomas
- Meanings and history of the name Tuomas
- Famous real-life people named Tuomas
- Tuomas in song, story & screen