Tyron Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tyron:
Derived from the Greek Turannos (sovereign, king). Alternatively, Tyrone is the transferred use of the Irish place-name in county Ulster. It is of uncertain derivation.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tyron? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tyron
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tyron
- Comments and insights on the name Tyron
- Personal experiences with the name Tyron
- Nicknames for Tyron
- Meanings and history of the name Tyron
- Famous real-life people named Tyron
Tyron Leitso is a Canadian actor best know for his roles in Wonderfalls and Being Erica
- Tyron in song, story & screen