Tyson Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tyson:
Transferred use of the English surname derived from the Old French tison (firebrand). Var: Tieson. Short: Tie, Ty.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tyson? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tyson
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria), 2010
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand, 2010
- Australian Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Australia (Victoria) for 2012
- New Zealand Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in New Zealand for 2012
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tyson
- Comments and insights on the name Tyson
- Personal experiences with the name Tyson
- Nicknames for Tyson
- Meanings and history of the name Tyson
- Famous real-life people named Tyson
Lead singer of the band All-American Rejects: Tyson Ritter
Male model: Tyson Beckford
Pro Wrestlers: Tyson Tomko, Tyson Kidd, Tyson Dux
Tyson Fury, British Boxer.
Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist and science communicator.
Mike Tyson, American boxer and former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
Donald J. Tyson, former President and CEO of Tyson Foods.
- Tyson in song, story & screen
Tyson (the cyclops), character in the "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" fantasy series by Rick Riordan.
Tyson Granger, lead character in popular manga series, "Beyblade"