Ulisse Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Ulysses:
Latin form of the Greek Odysseus. The name is borne in mythology by the hero of the Odyssey.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ulisse? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ulisse
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ulisse
- Comments and insights on the name Ulisse
Italian cognate of Ulysses.
- Personal experiences with the name Ulisse
- Nicknames for Ulisse
- Meanings and history of the name Ulisse
Derived from the Greek Odysseos, Latinized into Ulixes, and means "irritated, angry." Ulysses is the protagonist of the Homeric poem of the same name.
- Famous real-life people named Ulisse
- Ulisse in song, story & screen