Unai Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Unai? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Unai
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2014
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain, 2010
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain 2012
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain (Basque County)
- Spanish Boys Names: Most Popular Names for Boys in Spain
Contribute your knowledge to the name Unai
- Comments and insights on the name Unai
- Personal experiences with the name Unai
- Nicknames for Unai
- Meanings and history of the name Unai
Unai is a Basque name for boys. It is not a Basque version of a name like John, Matthew, Edward, etc. Unai is a name whose origin is entirely found in the Basque Country, culture, and language. It means "the good shepherd." For a list of other Basque names, please see Buber's Basque page. www.buber.net/Basque/Euskara/gizon.html
- Famous real-life people named Unai
The most famous person with the name Unai is a DJ from Sweden whose real name is Erik Möller.
Unai Etxebarria, the Venezuelan road racing cyclist.
Unai Pascual, the Professor at the University of Cambridge.
Unai Casillas, brother to Iker Casillas and a Footballer.
- Unai in song, story & screen
In addition to appearing in various Basque songs, stories, plays, and films, the name Unai appears in the song title and Hindi lyrics of an South Asian film, "Parakkum Paavai," Unai is also an important landmark in Gujarat, India with hot springs, as well as a city and a municipality in Minas Gerais, Brazil.