Vartholomaios Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Bartholomew:
From the Middle English Bartelmeus, a cognate of the Late Latin Bartholomaeus, which is from the Greek Bartholomaios (son of Talmai). Talmai is an Aramaic name meaning "hill, mound, furrows." The name is borne in the Bible by one of the Twelve Apostles of Christ. Short: Bart.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vartholomaios? What are his siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Vartholomaios
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vartholomaios
- Comments and insights on the name Vartholomaios
Greek form of Bartholomew
- Personal experiences with the name Vartholomaios
- Nicknames for Vartholomaios
- Meanings and history of the name Vartholomaios
- Famous real-life people named Vartholomaios
- Vartholomaios in song, story & screen