Waed Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Wade:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old English wada (go), which is from the verb wadan (to go). Alternatively, the name arose from the Old English gewæd, wæd (ford, wading place) and was indicative of one who dwelled near a ford.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Waed
Contribute your knowledge to the name Waed
- Comments and insights on the name Waed
- Personal experiences with the name Waed
- Nicknames for Waed
- Meanings and history of the name Waed
Old English, "Advancer" or "River crossing". Wada and Waed are the Old English roots of the name, popular in the 60s: Wade.
- Famous real-life people named Waed
Female Saudi singer born Hanan Younis, stage name Waed, meaning "promise" in Arabic
- Waed in song, story & screen